This Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme is a real crowd-pleaser and a great appetizer for any (dinner) party. It’s quick and easy to prepare and only requires 4 (!) simple ingredients.
About this Recipe
It’s the time of the year when people crave cheesy appetizers before dinner. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with an amazing recipe that will blow your mind: Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme. Just imagine bite-sized creamy goat cheese wrapped in crispy bacon (sooo good!).
This might come to you as a surprise as you might have noticed that – although I’m not focused on a particular diet – most of my recipes are vegan or vegetarian. In fact, at this point there is only ONE other recipe on the blog that is not vegan/vegetarian. It’s my Pesto Pasta Salad that comes with (optional) proscuitto (in case you want to check it out!).
Why you ask? Well, I was a vegetarian for over 20 years and that’s still reflected in my recipes. However, I’ve got to admit that I have developed a thing for bacon ever since I’ve started eating meat again (Chris would probably call it a bit of a bacon problem!). That’s why I created this cheesy bacon recipe. It combines two of my favourite things – cheese and bacon (yay!). Anyway, let’s get to the kitchen. Shall we?
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme
You will need 4 (!) simple ingredients to make this yummy appetizer: goat cheese, bacon, rosemary, and thyme. You could also add salt & pepper but that’s completely optional. Also, I want to point out that I highly recommend using fresh herbs instead of dried herbs as they add extra flavour.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme
This recipe is super quick & easy to whip up. Seriously, it’s absolutely foolproof. To prepare this yummy appetizer, all you need to do is (1) cut the goat cheese into 6 slices, (2) wrap each slice with bacon, (3) sprinkle with rosemary & thyme, (4) and then bake in oven for about 20 minutes OR until the goat cheese is gooey and the bacon is crisp and browned to your liking. Done.
How to serve Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme
This Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme is a real crowd-pleaser and a great appetizer for any (dinner) party. Serve as it is OR with freshly baked bread (e.g., baguette, ciabatta). Enjoy!
More Cooking Inspiration
Wanna be friends? I’d love to connect with you on social media. Find me on Instagram and Pinterest to get more cooking and sewing inspiration OR subscribe for email updates (sign-up form in sidebar!) to keep in touch and never miss a post. You will get the latest recipes and sewing projects straight to your inbox.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to send me a message via my contact form, email me at [email protected], or simply leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme
- 113 g goat cheese fresh & soft
- 6 bacon slices
- 1/2 tsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme fresh, chopped
- salt & pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (180°C).
- Cut the goat cheese log into 6 slices (freeze for about 10 minutes if too soft!).
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each piece of goat cheese with two (half) slices of bacon (so that the whole piece is covered!) and, if necessary, secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle with rosemary & thyme (and, if desired, with salt & pepper!).
- Arrange the goat cheese evenly on a baking sheet (with raised edges to avoid a mess!) and bake for about 10 minutes. Then turn each goat cheese and bake for another 10 minutes OR until the goat cheese is gooey and the bacon is crisp and browned to your liking.*
- Remove from oven and serve as it is OR with freshly baked bread (e.g., baguette, ciabatta).
- Enjoy your homemade Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese with Rosemary & Thyme!
*Alternatively, use a pan and fry over medium heat.