This Classic Red Pesto recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make and requires 5 easy-to-find ingredients: sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, Parmesan Reggiano, olive oil, and sea salt. Enjoy!
It’s been a while since my last blog post. Hopefully, I will find more time for cooking and sewing this autumn because I’ve got a whole lot of recipes and sewing patterns that I would like to share with you.
For today, I’ve got a super quick and super easy Classic Red Pesto recipe with sun-dried tomatoes (if you prefer basil, check out my Classic Green Pesto). I like eating it with standard pasta OR my Pesto Pasta Salad. As usual, the recipe is quick and easy to prepare and only requires 4 simple ingredients (sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, sea salt). Enjoy!
Classic Red Pesto
Yield 1.5 cups
- 1 jar (275 ml) sun-dried tomatoes in oil*
- 7 tbsp pine nuts
- 7 tbsp Parmesan Reggiano, freshly grated
- 6 tbsp olive oil**
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add all the Classic Red Pesto ingredients to a blender and blend until you reach a pesto consistency.
- While blending, scrape down the sides of the blender a few times to make sure there aren't any lumps of nuts remaining.
- Enjoy your homemade Classic Red Pesto!
*Only use sun-dried tomatoes NOT oil.
**If needed, add extra olive oil.
Courses Homemade Staples
Cuisine vegetarian, gluten-free
Serving Size 16 g (1 tbsp)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.6 g
Saturated Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 101 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.