This vegan Cocoa Nut Butter with Christmas Spice is perfect for baking, spreading on toast, stirring into oatmeal, or just eating by the spoonful (you really can’t go wrong!). Enjoy!
About this Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum used to buy this hazelnut chocolate spread called Samba. We all liked it so much that we usually didn’t even bother to actually spread it on bread. We ate it right out of the jar and it would hardly last a day. Today, Samba is still the only store-bought spread that I like but it’s hard to come by. That’s why I started making my own nut butter. This particular recipe is my favourite for homemade nut butter during the winter season. By the way, this healthy nut butter makes an awesome (last minute) food gift for Christmas (just saying!).
Ingredients for Cocoa Nut Butter with Christmas Spice
All you need are a nuts, dutch-processed cocoa powder, and a few extra yummies (maple syrup, coconut oil, Christmas Spice, sea salt).
How to make Cocoa Nut Butter with Christmas Spice
It is super quick and super easy to make your own nut butter using a food processor. Simply (1) bake almonds in oven, (2) process almonds in food processor, and then (3) add all other ingredients. That’s it. You will be done in under 30 minutes (YES!!!).
How to serve Cocoa Nut Butter with Christmas Spice
This nut butter is perfect for baking, spreading on toast, stirring into oatmeal, or just eating by the spoonful (you really can’t go wrong!).
More Cooking Inspiration
If you love this recipe, you might also like my Easy-Peasy Almond Butter.
Wanna be friends? I’d love to connect with you on social media. Find me on Instagram and Pinterest to get more cooking and sewing inspiration OR subscribe for email updates (sign-up form in sidebar!) to keep in touch and never miss a post. You will get the latest recipes and sewing projects straight to your inbox.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to send me a message via my contact form, email me at [email protected], or simply leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Cocoa Nut Butter with Christmas Spice
- 2 cups almonds raw**
- 3 tbsp dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil ***
- 1.5 tbsp Christmas Spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (160 C).
- Spread almonds out onto a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Let the roasted almonds cool for about 10 minutes.
- Start processing the cooled almonds in a food processor. They will first turn into almond meal and then nut butter. Stir and scrape down the sides as needed. This process will take several minutes (don't give up - it will happen!). You might be tempted to add some water or milk - DON'T!!!
- Add the remaining ingredients and process a few more minutes until the nut butter becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in fridge for up to 4 weeks.