These Crispy Smashed Potatoes are quick and easy to prepare and only require 4 (!) simple ingredients: potatoes, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. They are a perfect side dish (or enjoy as a main!). Happy Cooking!
About this Recipe
You guys, today I’m introducing one of my favourite side dishes – Crispy Smashed Potatoes! They are so quick and easy to prepare and taste D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. Imagine crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside… topped with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper (sooo simple yet sooo good!). If you’ve never had Crispy Smashed Potatoes before, then you’ve got to try them. I promise, this is a recipe that everyone loves (including kids!).
How to make Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Preparing these Crispy Smashed Potatoes couldn’t be easier (seriously, it’s foolproof!). Simply (1) boil potatoes, (2) smash potatoes, (3) drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt/pepper (plus optional rosemary/thyme), and (4) bake potatoes in the oven. That’s it. You could even boil the potatoes ahead of time and keep them – covered – in the fridge until you need them. Then simply smash, drizzle/sprinkle, and bake them right before dinner.
How to serve Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Please make sure to serve your Crispy Smashed Potatoes hot as they won’t stay crispy for long once they start to cool down. I highly recommend serving them with Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto and/or Spring Onion Dip. Enjoy this homemade deliciousness!
More Cooking Inspiration
If you love these Crispy Smashed Potatoes, you might also like my Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Yield 20 potatoes
- 20 small golden potatoes*
- 4 tbsp olive oil**
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- rosemary, optional
- thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. (220 C).
- BOIL: In a big pot, boil potatoes (do NOT peel!) in salted water for about 20 minutes or until fork tender. Then, drain water and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- SMASH: Spray oil a baking sheet. Transfer the boiled potatoes to the baking sheet and lightly flatten the potatoes with a potato masher (or mason jar).
- DRIZZLE & SPRINKLE: Drizzle each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- BAKE: Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve immediately topped with Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto and/or Spring Onion Dip.
*Do NOT peel.
**Alternatively, you could use butter (it's delicious!) or spray oil (to reduce oil).
Cuisine vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free
Serving Size 143 g (1 potato)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.9 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Sodium 27 mg
Total Carbohydrates 29.8 g
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 3.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.