This Green Pesto Sandwich with Goat Cheese & Avocado combines some of my favourite flavours. If you are looking for a healthy lunch option, give this one a try!
Now that we know how to make Classic Green Pesto, let’s put it to good use. Shall we? I like spreading it on sandwiches. In particular, I love the combination of pesto, goat cheese, avocado, Alfalfa sprouts, and baby spinach – Green Pesto Sandwich with Goat Cheese & Avocado!
This might come as a surprise but I’m not very good at preparing lunch boxes for work. As a matter of fact, I prepare them for everyone else when I get the chance (with sandwiches, veggies, fruit, little treats… I know, right?!) but often don’t bother when it comes to myself. I usually end up grabbing a quick bite at the hospital cafeteria (because we all know hospital food is the best… not!). It’s ridiculous and I’ve really REALLY tried to get better at bringing my own lunches to the lab. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I don’t. The important thing is – I’m trying!
Anyway, this Green Pesto Sandwich with Goat Cheese & Avocado is quick and easy to prepare and definitely better than any hospital food. I like it so much that, at least every once in a while, I actually put in the extra effort. Pretty good, huh?! If I can do it, so can you. Go ahead. Try it!
Green Pesto Sandwich with Goat Cheese & Avocado
Yield 1 serving
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp Classic Green Pesto
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/8 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- 1/8 cup baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
1. Spread 1 tbsp of pesto, followed by 1 tbsp of goat cheese crumbles, onto each toasted slice of bread. If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
2. On one slice of bread, add the avocado, Alfalfa sprouts, and baby spinach. Then top it with the second slice of bread and gently press down. Tataaa!
Serving Size 159 g (1 serving)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 28.4 g
Saturated Fat 8.2 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 424 mg
Total Carbohydrates 15.7 g
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 8.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.