This Pesto Pasta Salad recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make and it’s filled with the best combination of flavours for the BBQ season. Enjoy!
My Pesto Pasta Salad recipe is coming up just in time for the end of the BBQ season. This is my favourite pasta salad and I’ve been making it for the past 10 years. Actually, we’re having it later today as we’re meeting up for the (probably) last BBQ of this year.
This is one of the rare non-vegetarian recipes on the blog (one of the few ones that I make on a regular basis!) BUT you can easily make it vegetarian by omitting the prosciutto. I will attempt my first vegan version of this Pesto Pasta Salad later today as my best friend’s family is vegan.
As for the pesto, I usually use my homemade Classic Red Pesto but you could also use a store-bought sun-dried tomatoes pesto (especially when under time pressure!). Alright… that’s it for today… I’m off preparing for the BBQ…
Pesto Pasta Salad
Yield 10 servings
- 500 g Farfalle Pasta, cooked
- 5 cups rocket salad
- 1 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 cup mini mozzarella, quartered
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 100 g proscuitto (roughly chopped), optional
- 1 cup Classic Red Pesto
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly grated
- 1 garlic clove
- Combine all "salad ingredients" and mix well.
- Combine all "dressing ingredients" and mix well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper to liking.
- Let rest for at least 2 hours for flavours to set.
- Enjoy your homemade Pesto Pasta Salad.
Cuisine vegetarian, low-sugar
Serving Size 137 g (1 serving)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24.7 g
Saturated Fat 3.7 g
Unsaturated Fat 14.5 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 516 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25.5 g
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 9.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.