This simple Skinny Gingerbread Latte is not only quick and easy to make but also delicious. It tastes like Christmas and is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter’s day.
About this Recipe
Most of the year I just drink coffee but every once in a while I like to indulge in a special treat. During the Christmas season, I would usually go to Starbucks and order a Gingerbread Latte. Although there is coffee in it, it always tastes more like dessert. Still, I’ve got to admit, I always feel a little guilty as the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte is a calorie bomb and quite expensive. Also, it’s been pretty cold over the last few days and sometimes I just don’t feel like leaving the house in this kind of weather. So what’s the solution you ask? Well, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Simply skip the coffee shop and whip up your own (healthier) version of this steaming hot mug of decadence.
How to make Skinny Gingerbread Latte
This Starbucks Gingerbread Latte copycat recipe is not only quick and easy to make but also delicious. By the way, by skipping Starbucks and making Gingerbread Latte at home, you can tweak it to your own liking (sweet version, healthy version, spicy version…). You will need milk, espresso, maple syrup, brown sugar, Christmas Spice, and vanilla extract. You can start with the amounts listed in the recipe and then increase/decrease individual ingredients as you go.
To make your Skinny Gingerbread Latte, the milk should be heated via steaming (make it vegan by using non-dairy milk!). This can be done using your espresso machine’s steamer attachment. To assemble, the espresso and gingerbread syrup are added first, followed by the steamed milk. Top with frothy milk and a dash of cinnamon. Done. It tastes like Christmas and is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter’s day.
More Cooking Inspiration
If you love this Skinny Gingerbread Latte recipe you might also like my homemade Mulled Wine aka Glühwein.
Skinny Gingerbread Latte
Yield 1 serving
- 1/2 cup espresso, brewed
- 1/2 cup warm milk, foamed*
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Christmas Spice
- 1 /4 tsp vanilla extract
- Brew 1/2 cup espresso. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until just steaming. Foam the milk either by using an espresso machine's steamer attachment or a milk frother of your choice. Set aside.
- In another small saucepan, combine maple syrup, brown sugar, Christmas Spice, and vanilla extract and heat until tiny bubbles appear. Whisk well and set aside.
- Pour the gingerbread syrup into a coffee mug, followed by the espresso. Mix well until combined. Add the foamed milk and stir once. If desired, spoon more frothy milk on top and add a dash of cinnamon.
- Enjoy your homemade Skinny Gingerbread Latte!
*Use milk of choice.
Cuisine vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free
Serving Size 236 ml (1 serving)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25.9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 4.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.