These Sweet & Spicy Pecans require 5 (!) basic ingredients (pecans, icing sugar, water, sea salt, cayenne pepper) and they are quick and easy to make in under 20 minutes. An absolutely addictive savoury snack that is perfect to have on hand throughout the day.
About this Recipe
Another savoury snack? I know, I know… BUT Chris and I LOVE eating roasted nuts and this is one of our favourite recipes: Sweet & Spicy Pecans.
- It’s quick.
- It’s easy.
- It’s addictive.
Whenever I make these Sweet & Spicy Pecans, Chris keeps asking for more. They are sooo delicious and we’re absolutely addicted to this savoury little snack. We simply can not get enough of them (once you start, you will not be able to stop!). Shall we?
Ingredients for Sweet & Spicy Pecans
You will only need 5 (!) basic ingredients: pecans, icing sugar, water, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. That’s it. Don’t like pecans? No problem. Simply substitute the pecans with walnuts. Obviously, you could also use other nuts in place of pecans or walnuts but I wouldn’t recommend it for this particular recipe.
How to make Sweet & Spicy Pecans
Simply (1) mix all ingredients and then (2) bake the pecans for about 8 minutes OR until they are caramelized and golden. Done. Please keep in mind that oven times may vary between 6 and 10 minutes (watch the pecans closely as they burn easily!). Also, allow the pecans to cool for about 30 minutes before eating them (if you can wait that long – Chris usually can’t!).
How to serve Sweet & Spicy Pecans
These Sweet & Spicy Pecans are a great snack to have on hand throughout the day. Chris and I love (1) to munch on them while watching TV or (2) to simply add them to salads (pssst… they also make a great food gift!). They are also delicious served as a pre-dinner appetizer or (cocktail) party nibble (such a crowdpleaser!). The choice is yours. No matter how you serve them, I hope you enjoy this savoury snack as much as we do.
More Cooking Inspiration
Wanna be friends? I’d love to connect with you on social media. Find me on Instagram and Pinterest to get more cooking and sewing inspiration OR subscribe for email updates (sign-up form in sidebar!) to keep in touch and never miss a post. You will get the latest recipes and sewing projects straight to your inbox.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to send me a message via my contact form, email me at [email protected], or simply leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- 2 cups pecans *
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup water filtered
- 1/2 tsp sea salt heaping
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, water, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the pecans and stir until completely coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. They should be evenly spread out without touching each other.
- Bake for about 8 minutes OR until the pecans are caramelized and golden. Depending on your oven, the baking time might vary between 6 and 10 minutes. Watch them closely as they burn easily.
- Remove from oven and slide the parchment paper off the hot baking sheet.
- Allow the pecans to cool for approx. 30 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.