This Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto recipe only takes about 5 minutes to make and requires 8 simple ingredients: avocado, basil, avocado oil, parsley (optional), fresh lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic. It’s incredibly creamy yet healthy. Enjoy!
About this Recipe
You might have noticed, I’ve got a thing for dips (e.g., Spring Onion Dip) and pesto. I ALWAYS prefer the homemade versions to store-bought versions BUT I didn’t have a vegan pesto recipe on the blog until now. That’s about to change. Today I’m sharing my easy-peasy Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto.
Ingredients for Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto
This pesto requires 8 simple ingredients: avocado, basil, avocado oil, parsley (optional), fresh lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic. It’s incredibly creamy yet healthy.
How to make Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto
To make your own Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto, simply add all ingredients to your food processor (or blender) and process until smooth. That’s it.
How to serve Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto
I add this Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto to things like salads, veggie noodles, buddha bowls, sandwiches, pasta, and potatoes (e.g., Crispy Smashed Potatoes).
More Cooking Inspiration
Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto
Yield 1 cup
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup basil, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil*
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, optional
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Add all the Avocado Basil Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Adjust lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy your homemade Vegan Avocado Basil Pesto.
*If you prefer your pesto to be more thinned out, add either extra avocado oil or lemon juice (I like a tangy lemony flavour!).
Courses Homemade Staples
Cuisine vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free, low-carb
Serving Size 19 g (1 tbsp)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Sodium 33 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.3 g
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.