My Vegan Veggie Cookies are quick and easy to prepare, healthy AND flavourful. You will need 12 simple ingredients: flax eggs, oat flour, nutritional yeast, baby spinach, zucchini, carrots, lemon, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sea salt, black pepper. Enjoy!
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted the last recipe but I was pretty busy at work. Anyway, guys, I’ve got an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G recipe for your today – Vegan Veggie Cookies! I’ve been making these cookies for a while but I wanted to perfect the recipe before posting it. This final version is everything I hoped for.
- Healthy: Yep!
- Easy: Yep!
- Tasty: Yep!
These Vegan Veggie Cookies require 12 healthy ingredients, including flax eggs, oat flour, nutritional yeast, baby spinach, zucchini, carrots, lemon, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sea salt, and pepper. They come together in 40 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 30 minutes baking time) AAAND they are incredibly yummy.
I love to eat them as a quick snack (hint: great to take to work!). And the best part, you can eat the whole batch of cookies without feeling bad (because HEALTHY cookies!). Also, this recipe is vegan, nut-free, and gluten-free (psst… low carb as well!). Whoop Whoop (you’re welcome!). Happy Baking!
Vegan Veggie Cookies
Yield 12 cookies
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1 cup oat flour**
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare flax eggs ahead of time (see notes).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. It will first look like 2 flax eggs are not enough but just keep stirring until it transforms into a sticky dough (it will be very sticky, don't worry, that's ok!).
- Wet your hands with water. Shape mixture into cookies (form to a ball, press down with fork - the usual procedure!) and spread them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for about 30 minutes (flip them after 15 minutes).
- Take cookies out of the oven (they will still be a little soft!) and allow them to cool before serving.
*Make flax eggs: 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water
**Make oat flour: Simply blend oats until flour forms (1/2 cup oats = 1/2 cup oat flour). Easy-Peasy!
Quick Tip: These Vegan Veggie Cookies can be stored in the fridge for several days. If desired, re-heat in oven (425 F.) for about 10-20 minutes.
Cuisine vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free
Serving Size 37 g (1 cookie)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Sodium 165 mg
Total Carbohydrates 10.5 g
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 5.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.