Vegan Veggie Cookies are quick and easy to prepare, healthy AND flavourful. You will need 12 simple ingredients: flax eggs, oat flour, nutritional yeast, baby spinach, zucchini, carrots, lemon, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sea salt, black pepper.
About this Recipe
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted the last recipe but I was pretty busy at work. Anyway, guys, I’ve got an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G recipe for your today – Vegan Veggie Cookies! I’ve been making these cookies for a while but I wanted to perfect the recipe before posting it. This final version is everything I hoped for.
- Healthy: Yep!
- Easy: Yep!
- Tasty: Yep!
Ingredients for Vegan Veggie Cookies
These Vegan Veggie Cookies require 12 healthy ingredients, including flax eggs, oat flour, nutritional yeast, baby spinach, zucchini, carrots, lemon, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sea salt, and pepper.
How to make Vegan Veggie Cookies
Easy-peasy. Basically, all you need to do is (1) prepare flax eggs beforehand (see notes), (2) mix all ingredients together, and (3) bake cookies in oven. Done. These cookies come together in about 40 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 30 minutes baking time) AAAND they are incredibly yummy.
How to serve Vegan Veggie Cookies
I love to eat them as a quick snack (hint: great to take to work!). The best part, you can eat the whole batch of cookies without feeling bad (because HEALTHY cookies!). This recipe is vegan, nut-free, and gluten-free (psst… low-carb as well!). Whoop Whoop (you’re welcome!). Happy Baking!
More Cooking Inspiration
Wanna be friends? I’d love to connect with you on social media. Find me on Instagram and Pinterest to get more cooking and sewing inspiration OR subscribe for email updates (sign-up form in sidebar!) to keep in touch and never miss a post. You will get the latest recipes and sewing projects straight to your inbox.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to send me a message via my contact form, email me at [email protected], or simply leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Vegan Veggie Cookies
- 2 flax eggs *
- 1 cup oat flour **
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup baby spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini grated***
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1 small lemon juice & zest
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare flax eggs ahead of time (see notes).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. It will first look like 2 flax eggs are not enough but just keep stirring until it transforms into a sticky dough (it will be very sticky, don't worry, that's ok!).
- Wet your hands with water. Shape mixture into cookies (form to a ball, press down with fork - the usual procedure!) and spread them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for about 30 minutes (flip them after 15 minutes).
- Take cookies out of the oven (they will still be a little soft!) and allow them to cool before serving.
*Make flax eggs: 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water
**Make oat flour: simply blend oats until flour forms (1/2 cup oats = 1/2 cup oat flour).
***Grated zucchini: make sure to get rid of any excess water.
Quick Tip: Vegan Veggie Cookies can be stored in the fridge for several days. If desired, re-heat in oven (425 F.) for 10-20 minutes.