These Vegan Veggie Tacos are quick and easy to prepare, healthy AND flavourful. The walnut/tomato/olive “meat” comes pretty close to the real thing.
About this Recipe
If you are looking for a (low-carb) light but filling dish with lots of flavour, then you’ve got to make these tacos. They are incredibly flavourful and the walnut/tomato/olive “meat” comes pretty close to the real thing.
Ingredients for Vegan Veggie Tacos
Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients (see recipe ingredients below!). Although you will need lots of different ingredients, most of them are simple pantry staples.
How to make Vegan Veggie Tacos
These tacos come together in less than 30 minutes and they’re easy-peasy to prepare when pressed for time (see recipe instructions below!).
How to serve Vegan Veggie Tacos
I usually serve these Vegan Veggie Tacos as a main dish but it would also makes a great appetizer or side dish. As a main, the recipe below feeds either 4 people with a normal appetite OR 2 very hungry ones. You’ve got to try this recipe (sooo good!). Happy Cooking!
More Cooking Inspiration
Wanna be friends? I’d love to connect with you on social media. Find me on Instagram and Pinterest to get more cooking and sewing inspiration OR subscribe for email updates (sign-up form in sidebar!) to keep in touch and never miss a post. You will get the latest recipes and sewing projects straight to your inbox.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to send me a message via my contact form, email me at [email protected], or simply leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Vegan Veggie Tacos
For the Taco "Meat":
- 1 cup walnuts toasted*
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/8 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Veggie Filling:
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 1/8 cup chives chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 12 Romaine lettuce leaves large
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- For the taco "meat": Transfer the toasted walnuts into a food processor and pulse 3 to 5 times. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is well combined and "meaty" looking. Set aside.
- For the veggie filling: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- For serving: Spoon taco "meat" - followed by the veggie filling - into a Romaine leaf. Top with vegan sour cream. Enjoy!