Vegan Banana Bread
This Vegan Banana Bread is absolutely delicious (moist and tender!), quick and easy to prepare, and only requires 5 simple ingredients (bananas, flour, brown sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk). It will be your new favourite treat!
Prep Time15 mins
Bake Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 (very ripe) bananas mashed
- 2 cups self-raising flour sifted*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar **
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted***
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and spray oil a loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well until smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top has browned.
Enjoy your homemade Vegan Banana Bread (and try to not finish it all at once)!
*Self-raising flour can be substituted with all-purpose, whole wheat, gluten-free, or oat flour PLUS 2 tsp of baking powder.
**Can be substituted with coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey (OR skip sugar completely!).
***Can be substituted with butter of choice.
Quick Tip: This Vegan Banana Bread freezes beautifully. Simply freeze single serving and heat up in toaster/oven when needed.
- Add nuts (e.g., walnuts, pecans), vanilla extract, or spices (e.g., cinnamon).
- Make banana muffins: Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1.1mg