These Healthy Zucchini Fritters come together in under 30 minutes and they are a great way to sneak in some veggies (even kids love them!). Happy Frying!
About this Recipe
You guys, these Healthy Zucchini Fritters represent everything I love about food. They are healthy (zucchini, spring onions, and chives), flavourful (salt, pepper, and lemon zest), and filling (Feta cheese) PLUS they are sooo quick and easy to make (and dangerously easy to eat!). Also, they are a great way to sneak in some veggies (even kids love them!).
Ingredients for Healthy Zucchini Fritters
You will only need a few simple ingredients: zucchinis, egg, Feta cheese, spring onions, chives, lemon zest, salt, pepper, corn starch, and baking powder. In fact, you might have all the ingredients for Healthy Zucchini Fritters in your kitchen right now. Go check, I’ll wait right here!
How to make Healthy Zucchini Fritters
All set? Great! Now grate the zucchinis into a tea towel and wring out the excess water (yes, ALL of it – it will be a lot!). Do NOT skip this step. Next, combine all ingredients (including zucchini) and mix well. Then fry the fritters for about 10 minutes. That’s it. You’re done. That was easy, wasn’t it?
How to serve Healthy Zucchini Fritters
You can serve them either hot as a side dish OR cold as a quick snack. The Healthy Zucchini Fritters are delicious on their own BUT I highly recommend serving them with my Spring Onion Dip (the combination is a P-E-R-F-E-C-T match!). Enjoy!
More Cooking Inspiration
If you love these Healthy Zucchini Fritters, you might also like some of my other healthy recipes:
Healthy Zucchini Fritters
Yield 8 fritters
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Grate the zucchini into a tea towel and wring out excess water (it will be a lot!). Add 1/2 tsp salt and and let drain for 10 minutes. Wring out all the remaining excess water.
- In a big bowl, combine zucchini, egg, Feta, spring onions, chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add corn starch and baking powder and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- For each fritter, add 1 tbsp of the batter to pan and gently press down. Fry (over medium heat) for about 10 minutes OR until golden brown on both sides. Flip halfway through frying.
- Serve your Healthy Zucchini Fritters with Spring Onion Dip. Enjoy!
Cuisine vegetarian, nut-free, low-carb
Serving Size 35 g (1 fritter)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.7 g
Saturated Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 266 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7.2 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 2.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.